Analytically validated high-throughput laboratory with 99.98% accuracy10
Industry leading, FDA-reviewed11 variant interpretation program, as part of the BRACAnalysis CDx PMA, with powerful methods unique to Myriad
Lifetime commitment to patients & providers
In a study of over 1.6 million patients who underwent testing between 2006 & 2016, Myriad provided more than 60,000 results with definitive classifications for previously unknown VUSs, providing clarity for patients and providers12
Hereditary Cancer Screen patient,
negative for BRCA1 and BRCA2
- DeFrancesco et al. Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment and Genetic Testing in the CommunityPractice Setting. Obstetrics & Gynecology 2018 - published online before print October 10, 2018.
- Bellcross CA, et al. Genet Med. 2015;17(1):43–50.
- Hartmann, L. C. et al. Efficacy of bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in women with a family history of breast cancer. N. Engl. J. Med. 340, 77–84 (1999).
- Rebbeck, T. R. et al. Prophylactic oophorectomy in carriers of BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations. N. Engl. J. Med. 346, 1616–1622 (2002).
- Plevritis, S et al. Cost-effectiveness of Screening BRCA1/2 Mutation Carriers With Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging. JAMA. 295(20), 2374–2384 (2006).
- de Jong, A. E. et al. Decrease in mortality in Lynch syndrome families because of surveillance. Gastroenterology 130, 665–671 (2006).
- ACOG Committee Opinion: Hereditary Cancer Syndromes and Risk Assessment, No. 634. June 2015, Reaffirmed 2017.
- Risk assessment, genetic counseling, and genetic testing for BRCArelated cancer in women: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement. Ann Intern Med. 2014 Feb 18;160(4):271-81.
- Provenzale D, et al. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian. V2.2019. Available at http://www.nccn.org.
- Judkins T. et al. Development and analytical validation of a 25-gene next generation sequencing panel that includes BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes to assess hereditary cancer risk; BMC Cancer, 2014.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH). BRACAnalysis CDxTM approval letter, December 19, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2018, from http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf14/P140020A.pdf.
- Mersch J, et al. Prevalence of Variant Reclassification Following Hereditary Cancer Genetic Testing. JAMA - published online September 25, 2018.