Prenatal Testing has never been easier
Simply ship a kit directly to your patient, rather than to your practice
Myriad offers three options for testing your patients at home with Foresight Carrier Screen and one option for Prequel Prenatal Screen (NIPS).
Click on the process you wish to learn more about. More information will drop down below.
Provider Portal - Foresight Only
Log in to our online provider portal to submit the test request form electronically and to indicate you want the kit sent directly to your patient.
Carrier screening offers maximum clinical utility when both members of the couple are screened, so that you can appropriately assess reproductive risk. Before ordering a test, ensure you have accurate billing and shipping information for both partners. Also, make sure your patients set up a patient portal account here, so they can track sample progress and view results, if desired.
- Log in to your Myriad Prenatal Portal account.
- If you are already a username, login to your account here.
- To register for our portal, provide your sales representative with your email address and Myriad will send you an email with a link to select a password and access your account.
- Proceed to ordering Foresight and when asked “Do you have a collection kit?” select “No”.
- You will also be asked “Are you ordering for a couple?” at which time you can complete and submit an order form for your patient’s partner.
- You will be required to provide the patient’s name and address, city, zip code and state.
- The Myriad team will then send a test kit directly to the patient’s home. The kit will include specimen collection instructions, a pre-paid return shipping label, and a return envelope. Patients will be notified via email to expect a shipment.
- The patient will then need to complete the specimen collection and mail it back to Myriad for their sample to be processed.
- Once Myriad has received the patient sample(s), turnaround time, billing, and report delivery will proceed as normal.
- If you signed up for our results delivery service, we will notify your patient when her results are ready, which she can access via the patient portal, before or after a no-charge tele-consult depending on the result type.
Paper Test Requisition Form - Foresight and Prequel
- Fill out a test request form (TRF) as you normally would – download Foresight only TRF here. For Foresight & Prequel TRF, download here.
- Use this cover sheet to indicate that you want the test kit sent directly to the patient’s home. Follow this guide so we can process the request as efficiently as possible.
- Email or fax the TRF and cover sheet to Myriad.
- Email the TRF to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the TRF to: 1-201-246-6436
- Myriad will review and then mail your completed TRF along with a test kit directly to the patient. The kit will include specimen collection instructions, a pre-paid return shipping label, and a return envelope.
- For our Prequel Prenatal Screen (NIPS), the patient will receive an email with instructions to call Client Services to if they have questions about sample collections.
- For our Foresight Carrier Screen, you have the option of sending two saliva kits for both members of the couple or a single saliva kit.
- The patient (and her partner) will complete the specimen collection(s) and mail it back to Myriad for the sample(s) to be processed.
- Once Myriad has received the patient sample(s), turnaround time, billing, and report delivery will proceed as normal. The average turnaround time for sample processing for the Prequel Prenatal Screen is 1 week, and for the Foresight Carrier Screen is 2 weeks.
- If you signed up for our results delivery service, your patient will be notified her results are ready via email and text. She can access her results via the patient portal (before or after a tele-consult with a patient educator, depending on the result type).
GetMyriad Service - Foresight Only
With our GetMyriad service, your patients, after you have discussed testing with them and determined that testing is appropriate, are able to initiate a Foresight Carrier Screen test order through myriadwomenshealth.com or our patient portal. Please direct them to call Client Services at 888-268-6795 with any questions. Once they have submitted their request, a test requisition form will be faxed to your office, which the ordering provider will need to sign before a kit will be shipped.