We are excited to announce industry-leading improvements to our flagship carrier screening test as well as new names for all of our genetic screens, on Wednesday, July 19.
Counsyl Foresight Carrier Screen: Utmost confidence in every result
The Counsyl Foresight Carrier Screen (formerly Family Prep Screen) is methodically designed to maximize detection rates for serious, clinically actionable, and prevalent diseases. Our detection rates are >99% for the vast majority of genes on the panel, giving you utmost confidence in every result — positive or negative.
Innovation where it matters most
In addition to leveraging full-exon sequencing with real-time curation, the Foresight Carrier Screen uses advanced technology to increase detection rates including:
- Novel panel-wide deletion calling
- Duplication calling for prevalent disorders like cystic fibrosis, resulting in the maximum detection rate available of >99% across all ethnicities
- Custom assays for prevalent but technically challenging conditions like 21-hydroxylase-deficient congenital adrenal hyperplasia (21-OH CAH)
More with meaning
The true goal of carrier screening is to detect couples at-risk for serious diseases. That’s why we’ve designed the Foresight Carrier Screen to maximize detection rates for the diseases that matter the most.
We will be adding more than 75 additional genes to the Universal Panel, for a total of 175+ serious, clinically-actionable, and prevalent conditions. By including additional prevalent genes and using technology to increase detection rates, we have further increased our industry-leading detection of at-risk couples by 16%.
1 in 42 couples will be identified as at-risk for having a pregnancy affected by a genetic disease on the new Foresight Carrier Screen.
Read more about our panel design methodology in Genetics in Medicine.
Practice workflow support with Counsyl Complete™
Counsyl Complete offers a comprehensive suite of support services designed to streamline and enhance practice workflow at every stage of genetic testing. Whether it’s automated results reporting and tracking, merged reports for couples, or on-demand genetic counseling, we support your practice where you need it.
- All Family Prep Screen orders prior to July 19 will default to previously assigned panels.
- All Foresight Carrier Screen Universal Panel orders beginning July 19 will default to the new 175+ gene Universal Panel unless otherwise specified with your Counsyl representative.
- All Foresight Carrier Screen orders beginning July 19 will include deletion calling and improved detection rates, regardless of panel.
- Custom panel requests can be made through your Counsyl representative.
- We will be contacting those ordering through EMR to create a custom transition plan.
Interested in learning more? Contact your local Counsyl representative or reach out to our support team if you have any questions about these upcoming changes.
June 16, 2020
Remote Solutions to Assess Reproductive Risk
In March, ASRM recommended that fertility care providers delay any but the most urgent reproductive care cases to mitigate the…Read more about Remote Solutions to Assess Reproductive Risk
June 10, 2020
Telemedicine is not the future, it is NOW
Introducing Human Understanding a new podcast series from Myriad Women's Health. Each episode highlights real stories of providers in our…Read more about Telemedicine is not the future, it is NOW
June 4, 2020
Planning a Pregnancy in the Post-COVID-19 World
“Plans are nothing, planning is everything.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower The start of the COVID-19 pandemic certainly disrupted daily life…Read more about Planning a Pregnancy in the Post-COVID-19 World