We are excited to announce industry-leading improvements to our flagship carrier screening test as well as new names for all of our genetic screens, on Wednesday, July 19.
Counsyl Foresight Carrier Screen: Utmost confidence in every result
The Counsyl Foresight Carrier Screen (formerly Family Prep Screen) is methodically designed to maximize detection rates for serious, clinically actionable, and prevalent diseases. Our detection rates are >99% for the vast majority of genes on the panel, giving you utmost confidence in every result — positive or negative.
Innovation where it matters most
In addition to leveraging full-exon sequencing with real-time curation, the Foresight Carrier Screen uses advanced technology to increase detection rates including:
- Novel panel-wide deletion calling
- Duplication calling for prevalent disorders like cystic fibrosis, resulting in the maximum detection rate available of >99% across all ethnicities
- Custom assays for prevalent but technically challenging conditions like 21-hydroxylase-deficient congenital adrenal hyperplasia (21-OH CAH)
More with meaning
The true goal of carrier screening is to detect couples at-risk for serious diseases. That’s why we’ve designed the Foresight Carrier Screen to maximize detection rates for the diseases that matter the most.
We will be adding more than 75 additional genes to the Universal Panel, for a total of 175+ serious, clinically-actionable, and prevalent conditions. By including additional prevalent genes and using technology to increase detection rates, we have further increased our industry-leading detection of at-risk couples by 16%.
1 in 42 couples will be identified as at-risk for having a pregnancy affected by a genetic disease on the new Foresight Carrier Screen.
Read more about our panel design methodology in Genetics in Medicine.
Practice workflow support with Counsyl Complete™
Counsyl Complete offers a comprehensive suite of support services designed to streamline and enhance practice workflow at every stage of genetic testing. Whether it’s automated results reporting and tracking, merged reports for couples, or on-demand genetic counseling, we support your practice where you need it.
- All Family Prep Screen orders prior to July 19 will default to previously assigned panels.
- All Foresight Carrier Screen Universal Panel orders beginning July 19 will default to the new 175+ gene Universal Panel unless otherwise specified with your Counsyl representative.
- All Foresight Carrier Screen orders beginning July 19 will include deletion calling and improved detection rates, regardless of panel.
- Custom panel requests can be made through your Counsyl representative.
- We will be contacting those ordering through EMR to create a custom transition plan.
Interested in learning more? Contact your local Counsyl representative or reach out to our support team if you have any questions about these upcoming changes.
December 4, 2020
Knowledge is Power: How PKU Affected the Ahern Family
December 3rd is National PKU Day. PKU, short for phenylketonuria, is an inherited genetic condition in which the body cannot properly…Read more about Knowledge is Power: How PKU Affected the Ahern Family
November 3, 2020
Simplify Patient Identification
Streamlining Cancer Risk Assessment with Digital Tools November is Family Health History Month and is a good time to bring…Read more about Simplify Patient Identification
September 22, 2020
Honoring Evan’s Memory: Raising Awareness About Tay-Sachs Disease
When I gave birth to my first child, Evan, in August of 1994, my husband Jeff and I were elated. After nine long…Read more about Honoring Evan’s Memory: Raising Awareness About Tay-Sachs Disease